پامیري ژبې د ختیځې اریایي ژبو له ډلې څخه دي چې د افغانسان، تاجکستان د پامیر د غرونو لړیو او د پنج سیند څنډو کې پرې وگړي خبرې کوي. پامیری وگړي د پاکستان په چترال، خیبر پښتونخوا، گوجل، گلگت بلتستان کې موندل کېږي. سریکولي ژبه د پامیري ژبو څخه یوه ژبه ده چې د سریکول وگړو له خوا پرې خبرې کېږي. دا ډله د افغانستان او چین سرحد سره نږدې اوسېږي.
The Shughni, Sarikoli, and Yazgulyam languages belong to the Shughni–Yazgulami branch. There are about 75,000 speakers of languages in this family in Afghanistan and Tajikstan (including the dialects of Rushani, Bartangi, Oroshor, Khufi, and Shughni). In 1982, there were about 20,000 speakers of Sarikoli in the Sarikol Valley located in the Tashkurgan Tajik Autonomous County in Xinjiang Province, China. Shughni and Sarikoli are not mutually intelligible. In 1994, there were 4000 speakers of Yazgulyam along the Yazgulyam River in Tajikistan. Yazgulyam is not written.
The Vanji language was spoken in the Vanj river valley the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Province in Tajikistan, and was related to Yazgulyam. In the 19th century, the region was forcibly annexed to the Bukharan Emirate and a violent assimilation campaign was undertaken. By the end of the 19th century the Vanji language had disappeared, displaced by Tajik Persian.
The Munji and Yidgha languages are closely related.[سرچينه پکارده] There are about 6,000 speakers of Yidgha in Pakistan, and in 1992 there were around 2,500 speakers of Munji in the Munjan and Mamalgha Valleys of northeastern Afghanistan. Munji–Yidgha shares with Pashto and Bactrian a development *ð > /l/, absent from the other three Pamir groups.
A probable third, extinct language of the branch was Sarghulami, spoken in Afghanistan until the early 20th century. The only known record of the language is a wordlist elicited from a Munji informant in 1916.
دا هم وگورئ[سمول]
- Payne, John, "Pamir languages" in Compendium Linguarum Iranicarum, ed. Schmitt (1989), 417–444.
- Ethnolinguistic map of Tajikistan[وژل شوي مخونه]
- Ishkashimi story with English translation
- Ishkashimi-English Vocabulary List, also featuring words from other Pamir languages added for comparison
- English-Ishkashimi- Zebaki-Wakhi-Yazghulami Vocabulary
- A Short List of Yazghulami Words
- Grierson G. A. Ishkashmi, Zebaki, and Yazghulami, an account of three Eranian dialects. (1920)